This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: Template function support
- From: sami wagiaalla <swagiaal at redhat dot com>
- To: Keith Seitz <keiths at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Project Archer <archer at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 15:03:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: Template function support
- References: <4C11323B.email@example.com> <4C113635.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 06/10/2010 03:00 PM, Keith Seitz wrote:
On 06/10/2010 11:43 AM, sami wagiaalla wrote:
My idea was to remove <int> from foo<int>() and store it just as plain
foo. This would allow for normal overload resolution to take place. The
patch attached to this message demonstrates that approach.
Just one quick question: Did you consider the opposite approach, i.e.,
adding "<int>" (since we can deduce that from the argument type)?
No, it did not even occur to me. The problem is that we don't know if
the sought symbol is a template instance, and in the case of overload
resolution the candidates can be both template instances and regular