This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: Template function support
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Keith Seitz <keiths at redhat dot com>
- Cc: sami wagiaalla <swagiaal at redhat dot com>, Project Archer <archer at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 13:11:35 -0600
- Subject: Re: Template function support
- References: <4C11323B.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4C113635.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
>>>>> "Keith" == Keith Seitz <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> My idea was to remove <int> from foo<int>() and store it just as plain
>> foo. This would allow for normal overload resolution to take place. The
>> patch attached to this message demonstrates that approach.
Keith> Just one quick question: Did you consider the opposite approach, i.e.,
Keith> adding "<int>" (since we can deduce that from the argument type)?
You mean adding that at lookup time?
I think that is hard because the lookup is a complicated process, not
just adding the argument type names.