This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: FYI - valgrind + gdbserver
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Project Archer <archer at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:31:04 -0600
- Subject: Re: FYI - valgrind + gdbserver
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
>>>>> "Tom" == Tom Tromey <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Tom> Philippe Waroquiers has recently been working on gdbserver in valgrind,
Tom> something we discussed briefly in the earliest days of this project:
Tom> I'm probably going to give it a try soon; it seems very promising.
I gave this a try. It seems to work quite well.
Right now to use it you must run your program separately under valgrind,
then "target remote | vgctl" in gdb.
I think we could make this a bit friendlier by adding a new "target
valgrind" that reuses the remote code internally. With this plus a
small change to the vgctl patch, we could also support "run" and
"attach" from gdb.
I'm curious to know what others think of this idea.