This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
- From: Chris Moller <cmoller at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Eric Bachalo <ebachalo at redhat dot com>, Project Archer <archer at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 16:52:40 -0500
- Subject: PR 11067
- References: <4B68A35E.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4B68DC25.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 02/03/10 13:33, Tom Tromey wrote:
Then how about http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=11067 ?
I just happened to run across this the other day; if it doesn't suit, I
can dig through bugzilla and find something else.
The enhancement req reads
When I print a variable, printing the symbolic name for its value is right, but
when I print the symbolic name, gdb should print its numeric value instead (or
The simple fix is to always print both the symbolic name and the decimal
(gdb) p e
$1 = Val1 (= 56)
(gdb) p Val1
$2 = Val1 (= 56)
That's a one-line change in c-valprint.c. Trying to differentiate
between those two cases looks like it would be significantly more difficult.
Would the one-line change do? Or does the fix need to do exactly what
the request says?