This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: [python] Pretty-printers and addressprint
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: ppluzhnikov at google dot com (Paul Pluzhnikov)
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org, archer at sourceware dot org, dje at google dot com
- Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:11:48 -0700
- Subject: Re: [python] Pretty-printers and addressprint
- References: <20091110021158.C3C2576D70@ppluzhnikov.mtv.corp.google.com>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Pluzhnikov <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Paul> The issue I am having is there is no apparent way to get rid of the
Paul> address from python side (address is not printed when the printer
Paul> returns a python string instead of a value), whereas if the
Paul> printer really wants to print the address, it can trivally add
Paul> it back by returning appropriate python string.
Adding it manually like that will also affect MI output, which may not
be what you really want.
Paul> Should the decision to print addresses be deferred to the
Paul> pretty-printer? Is the patch below reasonable?
I'm ok with it. If nobody complains this week, check it in.