Re: python: a patch for getting target thread id from a thread object

Noam> Here's a simple patch which adds a method for getting the target
Noam> thread id of a Thread object.

I think the idea is fine.

BTW do you have copyright papers on file?  I don't remember, and I can't
easily look... if not we have to do that before we can accept
non-trivial patches.

Noam> +  { "get_target_id", thpy_get_target_id, METH_NOARGS,
Noam> +    "get_target_id () -> str\n\
Noam> +Return the target ID of the thread." },

We went through and remove the "get_" prefixes everywhere a while back.
Also, I think this should be an attribute (see thread_object_getset), as
that is more consistent with our current API decisions.

Finally, this patch needs an update to doc/gdb.texinfo.

thanks,
Tom