This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: [Archer] [patch] PR python/10344
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Project Archer <archer at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 08:44:43 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Archer] [patch] PR python/10344
- References: <4ABA15AC.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> The only thing I can think to do in this case is just to add one more
> level to the maximum uiout levels. I am not sure why the initial level
> is set at such a small level. The uiout level struct is not particularly
> large. Anyway, what do you think? This fixes the PR.
The only thing I can think of is protecting ourselves against reaching
the maximum number of open file descriptors? Perhaps it's ridiculously
low on certain systems? I'd have a hard time believing that raising
MAX_UI_OUT_LEVELS from 6 to 7 would make any difference so I would be
inclined to give it a try. I looked at the history of this constant,
and it was initially defined as 5, and then raised to 6 without much
comment in order to fix PR cli/654.
I forgot how to convert old PR numbers into the new ones (I need to
write this down in my tips-and-tricks file). Anyone remembers?