This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: the next round of tasks
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Cc: Project Archer <archer at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:20:06 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: the next round of tasks
- References: <email@example.com>
> * Extend catch syscall to understand arguments. Make the arguments
> readily available to gdb expressions.
I would like to do this with a sort of scheme whereby it would be a simple
hook to look at some DWARF/pretty-printing that is otherwise fairly
vanilla, i.e. thin glue by which you can consider the kernel syscall ABI
akin to the ABI of a DSO with its own DWARF and pretty-printing modules.
(This plan assumes that by the time you'd get there I can also have a plan
to cons the DWARF that goes with a given kernel ABI, which I might.)
> * Several DWARF tasks.
I don't see DW_TAG_imported_unit support on the list.
That will one day suddenly become a must-have-right-now issue.
> * The ideas Roland posted to the list, like type-valued convenience
I no longer remember what all I've suggested, so please check the