This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: Calling -enable-pretty-printing without modifying the GUI frontend
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: archer at sourceware dot org
- Cc: "Noam Yorav-Raphael" <noamraph at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 22:46:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: Calling -enable-pretty-printing without modifying the GUI frontend
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thursday 03 September 2009 22:16:39, Noam Yorav-Raphael wrote:
> This applies to the archer-tromey-python branch - I don't know if it
> applies to other branches.
> A command -enable-pretty-printing was added, for
> backward-compatibility reasons, which is needed to let MI commands be
> affected by pretty-printers.
> My question is whether there's a way to automatically enable pretty
> printing without the frontend calling the command - for example, it
> would be nice if I could add it to the gdbinit file. I have to work
> with a not very new version of kdevelop as a gdb frontend, and
> recompiling it is not an option. I would prefer not to use a special
> branch of gdb which has pretty printers enabled by default.
> Is it possible?
Maybe 'interpreter-exec mi -enable-pretty-printing'.