This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: [RFC] Proposal for a new DWARF name index section
- From: Dodji Seketeli <dodji at redhat dot com>
- To: GDB/Archer list <archer at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 19:31:20 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Proposal for a new DWARF name index section
- References: <4A7FE28D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Le 10/08/2009 11:04, Dodji Seketeli a écrit :
> The DWARF 3 and 4 specifications address that need by mean of the
> .debug_pubnames and .debug_pubtypes sections. However, we believe that the
> content of these sections falls short in several ways.
> The attached (simple) proposal is an attempt to address those issues.
As a follow up to this proposal, I have opened an enhancement request in
the gcc bugzilla at http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=41130 .
A first patch implementing the generation of the .debug_gnu_index is
attached there. It's complete as far as the functionalities are concerned
(modulo the possible bugs) but it lacks tests for now. I will update it
with deja gnu tests soon.
I have also put the wording of the proposal in the wiki at