This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: [1/2][RFA][7.0] Rename Python files to be 8.3 safe
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Thiago Jung Bauermann <thiago dot bauermann at gmail dot com>
- Cc: archer at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 11:35:14 -0600
- Subject: Re: [1/2][RFA][7.0] Rename Python files to be 8.3 safe
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
>>>>> "Thiago" == Thiago Jung Bauermann <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Thiago> # renamed: python/python-block.c -> python/block.c
I thought that, back at the very beginning of the Python project, Daniel
requested unique source file names for all source files -- I assume to
avoid ambiguity for "break block.c:150". (Of course, gdb should be
smarter here! But it isn't right now.)
Am I misremembering? My recollection is that we had names like this
originally and renamed them due by request.
Oh, yeah, I almost forgot: supporting DOS is a complete waste of time.