This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: How to cast a pointer to a base class with multiple inheritance
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Matthieu VIAL <matthieu dot vial at orange-ftgroup dot com>
- Cc: archer at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 12:02:07 -0600
- Subject: Re: How to cast a pointer to a base class with multiple inheritance
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
>>>>> "Matthieu" == Matthieu VIAL <email@example.com> writes:
Matthieu> I would like to know if it is possible to cast a pointer the
Matthieu> way the compiler do for classes with multiple inheritance with
Matthieu> archer. The this pointer changes depending on the base
Matthieu> class. So how to find the other pointers with the top pointer
I think Value.cast should do the right thing here. I haven't tried this
myself, though... did you try it? It wasn't clear from your message.
If it doesn't work, please file a bug report in the gdb bugzilla using
'archer' as the version, and one of us will fix it.