This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Features in F12
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Project Archer <archer at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:37:56 -0600
- Subject: Features in F12
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
Eric asked me to compile a list of features we'll have in F12 that we
did not have in F11. I came up with this. Please read it over, let me
know what I missed (I'm sure I've missed things), and answer the
questions if you can.
* More C++ expression parsing fixes.
[ can we be more specific? ]
* Stepping operations like "step", "next", and "finish" work better when
the inferior throw an exception. GDB will no longer lose control of
the inferior; instead it will stop at the point where an exception is
* We've found and fixed several bugs in pretty-printing.
* GDB now supports more DWARF expressions. This lets it work with
recent versions of GCC, including the VTA branch.
* We've made some improvements to the Python API:
* You can now detect when a field of a Type is a base class
* We added a prototype of an "upto" command -- a more flexible "up"