This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Types GC FSF GDB import delay [Re: Meeting 2009-07-29]
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Project Archer <archer at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 19:43:36 +0200
- Subject: Types GC FSF GDB import delay [Re: Meeting 2009-07-29]
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 19:13:07 +0200, Tom Tromey wrote:
> I've disabled type reference counting on this branch.
> So, it is a mess :(
> Jan, I was hoping your type GC patch would land soon, so I clean this
> up. Is there a way I can help with that?
The last non-strict pre-requisite patch I started waiting on was:
[patch 0/4] varobj_list replacement [Re: [patch 4/8] Types GC [varobj_list to all_root_varobjs]]
(but it was sent mostly recently - on 10 Jul 2009)
It is not a direct pre-requisite, it is just a minor change of the patchset to
use current varobj_list() instead of the other proposed ways.
Also the new all-even-non-root varobjs iterator (all_varobjs()) will be
modified to use current varobj_list() allocated-list semantics instead of my
proposed all_varobjs() iterator semantics. Former implementation:
[patch 8/8] Types GC [varobj]
Another unreviewed non-strict pre-requisite is:
Re: [patch 3/8] Types GC [display_uses_solib_p to exp_iterate]
As two unreviewed patches make already 4 variants how to base the futher
patches on top of it I rather switched to other tasks.