Re: feature idea: upto

> For aborts and asserts, I don't think anyone would mind a
> default-to-on feature that simply *always* selects the stack frame of
> the function containing the abort or assert.  And even before a pony,
> I'd like to be able to add my own list of
> error-printing-functions-that-squawk-and-call-abort that should be
> unwound from.  .gdbinit already lists some of these.

Indeed, my ~/.gdbinit has:

	define catch crash
	catch throw
	b abort
	b __assert_fail
	b __assert_perror_fail
	end

But non-nesting "end" parsing means I can't write:

	define catch crash
	catch throw
	  comm
	  up
	  end
	b abort
	  comm
	  up
	  end
	b __assert_fail
	  comm
	  up
	  end
	b __assert_perror_fail
	  comm
	  up
	  end
	end

as I would like to.

In particular "catch throw" is comically no more useful than "b __cxa_throw"
and it would seem most natural for it to do something like the "up"
automagically.

Thanks,
Roland