This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
[python] Pretty-printers for non-ASCII data (take 2).
- From: ppluzhnikov at google dot com (Paul Pluzhnikov)
- To: archer at sourceware dot org
- Cc: ppluzhnikov at google dot com, jyasskin at google dot com
- Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 16:03:19 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: [python] Pretty-printers for non-ASCII data (take 2).
Previous thread on this subject:
Jeffrey Yasskin suggests that in addition to gdb.Value.string we need a
gdb.Value.data(ptr, len) returning a Python 'str' object with just raw
contents of the value, which can then be passed to e.g. binascii.hexlify()
Does that sound reasonable? I'll send a patch if it is.