This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: [python] Implement value reference counting
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Project Archer <archer at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 12:24:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: [python] Implement value reference counting
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 01:15:20PM -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
> I'm checking this in on the python branch.
> This implements reference counting for 'struct value'.
> This fixes a crash that was reported here. A regression test is
> The reference counting is a bit odd -- the "increment reference"
> operation is called "release_value", for historical reasons.
> I may change this when I submit it upstream.
Could I persuade you to submit this upstream soonish? I have another
bug I've been meaning to fix for two years, involving bitfields, that
would be much more straightforward with reference counting.