Re: FYI: removing the libstdc++ pretty-printers

Vladimir> In other words, you think that user with GDB 7.0 but "older"
Vladimir> GCC is necessary a power-user?

Yes, basically.  I think someone who builds their own gdb should be
able to find instructions to set this up.  We can make it easy for
them if we want.

In case where users get the new gdb from their distro, well, IMNSHO
the distro really ought to package up the printers.  Fedora does this,
it isn't hard.

Vladimir> I don't think it's true -- given that GDB and GCC releases are
Vladimir> coordinated

I thought they had independent schedules.  Is that not so?