This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: Crash when casting a gdb.Value
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Ward <richard dot j dot ward1 at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: archer at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 16:41:32 -0600
- Subject: Re: Crash when casting a gdb.Value
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Ward <email@example.com> writes:
Richard> Found a reproducible crash in the project archer python branch.
Thanks. I'll look at the patch soon; I want to check to see if the
other calls to value_to_value_object are safe.
Richard> It would seem nicer if value_to_value_object could track
Richard> whether a value its being passed is already tracked, and
Richard> increment the refcount if it was, but that would require
Richard> either extra space or extra time.
Yeah, I have also considered adding reference counting to struct value.
That would eliminate the need for any value copying in the Python code.