This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
questions about some branches
- From: Dmitry Malichenko <dmitryml at gmail dot com>
- To: archer at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 19:38:22 +0400
- Subject: questions about some branches
I'm interested in some branches (listed below) of Archer and would
like to examine them,
but the information on the web site is not enough for me to understand
what features exactly
do they have, so I can't write some examples for examining Archer.
Could you please help me with my questions about branches:
Purpose: Recover from fatal signals delivered via C++ exceptions in
an inferior function call
Question: What signals are meant here? Could you please describe an example?
Purpose: Cumulative branch for all expression-related hacking,
including elimination of DW_AT_MIPS_linkage_name,
single-quote fun, and C++ input canonicalization
Question: Do you have some tests for checking the branch? Are they
available in testsuite?
What does 'C++ input canonicalization' mean?
Purpose: C++ expression tests
Question: What expressions exactly are meant here?
Purpose: C variable length arrays / DW_FORM_block / Fortran dynamic arrays
Question: Could you please describe what 'C variable length arrays' mean?
There are also some general questions:
- Had somebody merged the branches mentioned above together?
Or is there some information whether they could work together?
- What is the difference between Master and Archer branch?
- Is it supposed to merge Archer with GDB (main branch) in future?
Thanks in advance,