A few python/pretty-printing questions

Hello,

I've been trying out Archer's python and pretty-printing functionality, and I have a few questions:
- Can pretty-printers be toggled on a case-by-case basis? If I have a printer enabled for a certain type, can I still look at the raw structure?
- Is it possible to export convenience variables from within the python layer so that they would be visible from the gdb prompt?
- Suppose I want to pass an expression of the form 'this- >inner1.inner2.leaf' to a python command, is there a quick way to look up the gdb.Value corresponding to the name, or do I have to first look up 'this' and then index into the dictionary?

Thanks,

Ray