This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
A few python/pretty-printing questions
- From: Ray Ruvinskiy <rruvinsk at sybase dot com>
- To: archer at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 16:07:40 -0400
- Subject: A few python/pretty-printing questions
I've been trying out Archer's python and pretty-printing
functionality, and I have a few questions:
- Can pretty-printers be toggled on a case-by-case basis? If I have a
printer enabled for a certain type, can I still look at the raw
- Is it possible to export convenience variables from within the
python layer so that they would be visible from the gdb prompt?
- Suppose I want to pass an expression of the form 'this-
>inner1.inner2.leaf' to a python command, is there a quick way to
look up the gdb.Value corresponding to the name, or do I have to first
look up 'this' and then index into the dictionary?