This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: error using pretty printing
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Tiago Maluta <maluta_tiago at yahoo dot com dot br>
- Cc: archer at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 17:51:09 -0600
- Subject: Re: error using pretty printing
- References: <49D3DC32.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
>>>>> "Tiago" == Tiago Maluta <email@example.com> writes:
Tiago> I followed the steps to Pretty Printing (part 1)  after
Tiago> reading the blog post about Installing a Python-enabled
Tiago> debugger 
Oops, sorry I didn't respond to you privately.
Tiago> Trying the little example to print 'str' value I got the same result
Tiago> that gdb without python support would print.
With today's git you need to run two commands first:
python import gdb.libstdcxx.v6.printers
This is kind of inconvenient, and undocumented -- but that is because
we're going to push these printers upstream into libstdc++, and have
them be auto-activated, at least in the distros.