This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: [python][rfc] Remove unused value_object attribute `owned_by_gdb'.
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Thiago Jung Bauermann <bauerman at br dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: archer ml <archer at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 09:32:50 -0600
- Subject: Re: [python][rfc] Remove unused value_object attribute `owned_by_gdb'.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
>>>>> "Thiago" == Thiago Jung Bauermann <email@example.com> writes:
Thiago> I noticed that the owned_by_gdb element in value_object can only be set
Thiago> to 0 in the current code. Is this a remnant of some dropped effort? Any
Thiago> reason not to commit this patch?
Yeah, I think it is a remnant. Please do zap it.
Related to this, the other day I finally realized what Daniel meant
when he said that reference counting struct value would not be hard.
This would let us drop those calls to value_copy...