Re: [python] how best to support colorized output? (with example colorized backtrace)

Andrew> http://www.visophyte.org/blog/2009/03/04/gaudily-colorized-gdb-backtraces-woo/

Cool!

Andrew> Thiago dropped by and commented, suggesting I post about it here.

Nice outreach, thanks Thiago.

Andrew> While my solution was never intended to make it upstream (and should
Andrew> not), I'd be interesting in finding out how colorized output could be
Andrew> implemented that could be integrated.

I think the only thing I would suggest would be to use the existing
filtering backtrace, and just reimplement colorization as a filter.
If that's not possible (I didn't dig into the details too much), let's
modify the existing Python backtrace command to make it possible :-)