Re: [python] [approval request] Re: FYI a testcase FAIL: test Frame.read_var_value - error

Jan> IMO GDB should be strictly following the c++ lookup scopes.  This
Jan> `b' lookup would therefore require to type `s_atan.c:b' or
Jan> `atnat.h:b' when some current frame or current_source_symtab are
Jan> in a different file.

I tend to agree.  I think the current behavior is nice with small
programs, but gets unwieldy with larger ones, or when you have
debuginfo for the system libraries.  Also, the delayed symfile hack
would work better with this style of lookup.

Maybe we can try this out at some point.  I suspect we might find it
inconvenient in some situations.