This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: inadvertently-removed-from-git: gdb/windows-termcap.c
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Jim Meyering <jim at meyering dot net>
- Cc: Matt Rice <ratmice at gmail dot com>, archer at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 16:18:59 -0700
- Subject: Re: inadvertently-removed-from-git: gdb/windows-termcap.c
- References: <email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
Jim> For the record, the usual "cp FILE NEW_NAME; cvs rm -f FILE; cvs
Jim> add NEW_NAME" works perfectly for cvs-to-git mirror and in git
Jim> afterward: it can easily detect the renaming.
CVS users, unfortunately, have a history of trying to work around CVS'
limitations by hacking on the ,v files. Blah.
Jim> Here's the patch I've just pushed:
Thanks for clearing this up.
I will pull it over to the archer repository now, if nobody else has
done so already.