This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: [python][rfc] Add "prototype" to docstrings of Frame-related functions and methods.
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Thiago Jung Bauermann <bauerman at br dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: archer ml <archer at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 09:13:08 -0700
- Subject: Re: [python][rfc] Add "prototype" to docstrings of Frame-related functions and methods.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
>>>>> "Thiago" == Thiago Jung Bauermann <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Thiago> A few functions and methods right now have a kind of prototype in the
Thiago> docstring, which shows what arguments they expect (e.g., Value.string
Thiago> and gdb.lookup_symbol). I think it would be helpful if all of the Python
Thiago> API had them as well, so this patch adds them to the frame-related code.
Thiago> I didn't push this yet. WDYT?
I think it is a nice idea.
Thiago> I suggest moving functions in the gdb module to the section to which
Thiago> they relate, and keeping in Basic Python only functions which work in
Thiago> isolation. WDYT?
Good idea, go for it.