Re: [python] Crash when using generators with Python 2.4

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 8:19 AM, Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon@redhat.com> wrote:

> Now that the pretty-printer registration patch is merged locally, I've
> decided to pick up this task:
>
>> Sorry for the delay on this. ?I was out sick all last week.
>>
>> Paul> While attempting to verify that I didn't introduce any leaks,
>> Paul> I've discovered quite a few existing ones :-(
>> Paul> Has anyone tested pretty printers under Valgrind?
>>
>> Not that I know of.
>> One more thing for Phil to look at :-)
>>

> Before I start, I'm curious what you were observing? Do you have any data
> that you can publish on this?

The valgrind output was attached to my Jan 20th message in this
very thread:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/archer/2009-q1/msg00095.html
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/archer/2009-q1/txt00001.txt

This output will likely not be very useful now, since quite
a bit of code has changed. One thing I did to reduce VG noise
was build python (to be linked into GDB) with --without-pymalloc.

Let me know if you want me to rerun my VG experiments with
current sources.

Cheers,
--
Paul Pluzhnikov