Re: Python 3.0

The first thing I ran into trying this was that Python's string
representation has changed:
http://docs.python.org/3.0/whatsnew/3.0.html#text-vs-data-instead-of-unicode-vs-8-bit

At the C API level, the PyString_ functions are all gone; one uses
PyByteArray or PyUnicode instead.  I think this may not be a big deal
for GDB, as byte arrays probably pretty much match what GDB is doing
with its strings, last I checked: read them from the debug info, and
dump 'em to stdout, without much concern for encoding.

I may have time to work more on this, or I may not; if someone else is
interested, let's keep in touch on the list, but please don't hesitate
to work on the assumption I'll actually finish anything in particular.