This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: Python 3.0
The first thing I ran into trying this was that Python's string
representation has changed:
At the C API level, the PyString_ functions are all gone; one uses
PyByteArray or PyUnicode instead. I think this may not be a big deal
for GDB, as byte arrays probably pretty much match what GDB is doing
with its strings, last I checked: read them from the debug info, and
dump 'em to stdout, without much concern for encoding.
I may have time to work more on this, or I may not; if someone else is
interested, let's keep in touch on the list, but please don't hesitate
to work on the assumption I'll actually finish anything in particular.