This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: Merging lessons
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Rick Moseley <rmoseley at redhat dot com>, Project Archer <archer at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 15:33:17 +0100
- Subject: Re: Merging lessons
- References: <496F90F1.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 01:33:12 +0100, Tom Tromey wrote:
> It is pretty important to get the exact upstream version -- the tools
> are version-sensitive and even if your distro does happen to package
> that version, there is a fair chance there is an output-affecting
> distro-specific patch in there.
Using these custom rpms for this purpose:
Stepan Kasal was discouraging me from the need for distro-included packaged
autoconf-2.59 (as is packaged autoconf-2.13) as for 2.13 the port was too
difficult while for 2.59->current the port should be easy and it is better to
upgrade upstream (FSF GDB=sourceware repo) to the latest autoconf.
Is there a preliminary agreement for a FSF GDB+sourceware tree HEAD port to