This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: DW_TAG_typedef indirection causes DW_AT_data_location to beignored
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Jonas Maebe <jonas dot maebe at elis dot ugent dot be>
- Cc: archer at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 00:37:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: DW_TAG_typedef indirection causes DW_AT_data_location to beignored
- References: <9950A597-A9AE-46AE-8F22-83D2C6D4309C@elis.ugent.be> <20081228210611.GA3412@host0.dyn.jankratochvil.net> <7305E36B-C810-4477-B696-A37DA25D1DDD@elis.ugent.be>
On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 23:45:19 +0100, Jonas Maebe wrote:
> On 28 Dec 2008, at 22:06, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
>> confirming object_address_get_data() has a problem it does not resolve
>> typedefs while looking for DW_AT_data_location there.
The fix is in f60119df99e34ac60f8b6324130c455ddb871604 of
archer-jankratochvil-vla. I hope it will work for FPC.
>> As C does not use DW_AT_data_location and Fortran does not use
>> it would be nice to get later your patches/release for a proper
>> test for this case.
> That's kind of complicated:
OK, created a hand-cooked DWARF there: gdb.arch/x86_64-vla-typedef.exp
(Although it tests only DW_AT_data_location and not DW_AT_allocated and/or
Thanks for the bugreport,