This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: RFC: user auto-load directory
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: "Jim Blandy" <jimb at red-bean dot com>
- Cc: archer at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 16:59:05 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFC: user auto-load directory
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
>>>>> "Jim" == Jim Blandy <email@example.com> writes:
Jim> This patch adds a new parameter, 'maintenance set/show python
Jim> auto-load-user-directory', naming a directory that GDB searches for
Jim> Python scripts for loaded objfiles. It just uses the basename of the
Jim> If folks think the idea is good, I'll write docs.
I think it is a good idea.
Do we want something more generic? A hook, or a rewrite rule?
Jim> Perhaps we should load the file we find in auto-load-user-directory
Jim> after also loading files we find by the existing rules?
Yeah, sounds good to me.
Is your paperwork in place? If so I will hook you up with push access.