This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: [python][rfc] Rename gdb.Frame getters.
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Thiago Jung Bauermann <bauerman at br dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: archer ml <archer at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 16:24:14 -0700
- Subject: Re: [python][rfc] Rename gdb.Frame getters.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
>>>>> "Thiago" == Thiago Jung Bauermann <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Thiago> Frame properties don't change, but they are either non-trivial to
Thiago> compute (like name), or may trigger unwinding of other frames. I kept
Thiago> them all as methods.
Ahh... I knew there was a case where removing "get" was a problem, but
I couldn't think of it the other day on irc.
Thiago> (frapy_get_next): Rename to ...
Thiago> (frapy_next): ... this.
The problem here is that "next" is the name used by iterators.
I'd rather we not clash with that.
Maybe "next_frame" and "previous_frame"?
Or even "newer_frame" and "older_frame"?
Or ... any suggestions?