This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: [python] Acquire GIL when necessary for convenience functions.
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Thiago Jung Bauermann <bauerman at br dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: archer ml <archer at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:11:50 -0700
- Subject: Re: [python] Acquire GIL when necessary for convenience functions.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
>>>>> "Thiago" == Thiago Jung Bauermann <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Thiago> This patch fixes a crash when trying to invoke a python-defined
Thiago> convenience function. The problem was that the GIL wasn't being
Thanks, I forgot about this case :(
Luckily, though, they seem to be pretty simple to catch. And, I think
we'll have less trouble here with new code than we did with auditing
all the existing code to catch places where gdb calls into Python.