This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: PR 2488 status and some unwinder questions
- From: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- To: Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon at redhat dot com>
- Cc: archer at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:18:02 -0800
- Subject: Re: PR 2488 status and some unwinder questions
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=beta;t=1227291485; bh=AfO5prb3NeRfJL2CEgozPYl4qCw=;h=DomainKey-Signature:MIME-Version:In-Reply-To:References:Date: Message-ID:Subject:From:To:Cc:Content-Type: Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=o79m2qniALIBPB2RxPujQ2zkTI/KAD3/HLxSB/ga9H+cOo77y04Fjsn6FXmmQDsi2ebq52u3wjJZMaa56ZHhHA==
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; s=beta; d=google.com; c=nofws; q=dns;h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding;b=hWvlgRdPSmAyMJW1KS+rvg2JTRGlnQV2wPNfBQlTWgc8eiy04N0b6d4jq/YC8W4QV3znv0K/dZvWa/V9cXrfcw==
- References: <49269DF3.email@example.com>
On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 3:39 AM, Phil Muldoon <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Unfortunately I found that I cannot place a breakpoint in
> uw_install_context() as it is not exported. I cannot find it via:
It doesn't need to be "exported" (as in: present in the dynamic
symbol table). It does need to be present at least in the 'regular'
symbol table, which it already is (so long as libgcc_s.so is not
$ nm /usr/lib64/libgcc_s.so | grep uw_install
00000000000087b0 t uw_install_context_1
> readelf --syms /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6.
I think you are looking for it in the "wrong" library.
> However requiring GCC debug-info to be installed for correct operation
> of C++ debugging in GDB is a bit of a non-starter.
> So bit disappointed
> there. I could ask for uw_install_context(_1) to be exported.
I think you need to clarify exactly what you mean by "exported".
If you mean "visible to GDB via symbol table", then it already is.
If you mean "visible to GDB via symbol table even when libgcc_s is
stripped (by 'exporting it' via dynamic symbol table)", then I
don't know if that's feasible. GDB on Linux already requires
libpthread.so to not be stripped, or thread debugging doesn't work.