This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: Froggy in archer
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Chris Moller <cmoller at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Project Archer <archer at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 15:12:22 -0500
- Subject: Re: Froggy in archer
- References: <492309D0.email@example.com>
On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 01:30:40PM -0500, Chris Moller wrote:
> One of the cool things froggy can do I don't think is possible in
> current gdb is simultaneously following both the parent and child procs
> after a fork in code being tested. Earlier this year I wrote a kind of
> skeletal utracer-based debugger that could do that and I think it might
> be worth while looking into providing the capability in archer.
There's no ptrace limitation w.r.t. this, and GDB already supports
it. Just set detach-on-fork off. Now, if one or the other starts
execing... plus the interface for continuing one or the other is a bit
hokey. All that is in progress.