This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: [python] Anonymous namespaces prevent some Python pretty-printing
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: ppluzhnikov at google dot com (Paul Pluzhnikov)
- Cc: archer at sourceware dot org, Dodji Seketeli <dodji at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 17:13:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: [python] Anonymous namespaces prevent some Python pretty-printing
- References: <20081107235130.41ECC3A6B0E@localhost>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
Paul> It strikes me that the whole split and rejoin mechanism that
Paul> typy_template_argument uses is very fragile.
Paul> Not sure what can be done about it though :(
Yeah, ideally we would not be parsing and doing name lookups -- we
would just be able to refer to template argument types directly.
I think this has to start upstream. GCC does not emit
DW_TAG_template_type_parameter, which I think we would need to make
this work properly.
After that we would have to modify the gdb dwarf reader to deal with
this nicely. Then, we can change Type.template_argument to do the
I filed a GCC bug for this: http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=38058
Dodji, would you mind putting this on your list of bugs to fix?