This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: [patch] Fix for heap corruption in python pretty printing.
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: "Paul Pluzhnikov" <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- Cc: archer at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 17:55:16 -0600
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix for heap corruption in python pretty printing.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Pluzhnikov <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Paul> Since Monday, pretty-printing started crashing on me with glibc
Paul> 'double free' :(
Paul> I've just committed attached patch, which demonstrates the problem
Paul> in a simple test case and fixes it.
This looks like a longstanding bug. I wonder why we haven't hit it
Would you mind submitting this upstream as well? This part of the
value code appears there.
I've just been checking in my changes without comment. Would you
prefer that I email them here with explanations? I'm happy to do that
if it would be useful to you.