This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: [patch] Fix for failure in gdb.python/python-prettyprint.exp
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: ppluzhnikov at google dot com (Paul Pluzhnikov)
- Cc: archer at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 10:37:03 -0600
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix for failure in gdb.python/python-prettyprint.exp
- References: <20081020234136.658B63A6AFA@localhost><firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
Paul> Why would you get an extra set of quotes (and spaces?) where I do not?
Tom> Good question, I don't know. I will investigate tomorrow.
In my case, _format_children returns a Python unicode object, which
takes a different return path in the pretty-printer. Presumably you
get a string object instead.
I don't know why there would be a difference here. Anyway I think the
fix is to treat unicode objects like strings. I'm going to look at