This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: pretty-printing update
- From: Vladimir Prus <vladimir at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: archer at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 08:41:23 +0400
- Subject: Re: pretty-printing update
- Organization: CodeSourcery
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Friday 10 October 2008 02:32:49 Tom Tromey wrote:
> Tom> I'm thinking of changing all this code to work something like this:
> I pushed these items today:
> Tom> * A varobj's pretty-printer will be set when the varobj is updated,
> Tom> based on the type of the expression.
> Tom> * We'll have both gdb.mi_pretty_printers and gdb.cli_pretty_printers
> Tom> to manage the mappings.
> Tom> * Allow the Python 'children' method to return an iterator.
> I also made it so the CLI code can use an MI-style class... it will
> call the to_string or children method. So, now I can write a single
> python class which is used both for MI and the CLI.
> I got rid of the new MI commands related to pretty-printing.
> We can restore them if they are really needed.
Hmm, it seems that 'show me raw data for this varobj' functionality
is obviously needed. Am I missing something?