Re: pretty-printing update

Tom> Can't a std::map expose its children as std::pair objects?
Tom> Then we'd recursively apply smart MI printing and expose the children
Tom> of the std::pair.

Vladimir> Then, there will be no difference in display between:
Vladimir> 	vector<std::pair<string, string> >
Vladimir> and
Vladimir> 	map<string, string>

Perhaps we can look at the problem from the other end -- what
distinctions do the GUIs care about?  Then we can put this into MI and
even down into the Python API if needed.

Offhand I'd say that I'm not very concerned with not showing the
difference between these two.  For example, the GUI could display the
type.

I'm happy to implement something more featureful, though.
I'll brainstorm & play around with it a bit ... unless anybody else
has ideas ready to go.