This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: pretty-printing update
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Project Archer <archer at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 12:13:01 -0600
- Subject: Re: pretty-printing update
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
Tom> The other problem is that, right now, pretty-printing of fields is not
Tom> disabled by '/r'. This is because I didn't make a pass through all
Tom> the val_print hierarchy, adding a 'raw' argument. This code is a
Tom> mish-mash of arguments and globals, and I'm considering refactoring
Tom> the mess so that we pass around a single format-controlling struct
On the branch, I hacked around this with a new global.
I have a patch to redo all the printing functions to take a print
options structure -- but it is large and I think I'd prefer to try to
get it in upstream first. My reasoning is that I'd rather avoid
carrying a huge divergence for something that is rather peripheral.