This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: uw_install_context() and GDB
- From: Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>, Project Archer <archer at sourceware dot org>, jason at redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 05:59:17 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: uw_install_context() and GDB
Tom Tromey wrote:
> Thanks for this. I think cases like this can be pretty clearly
> expressed as test cases ... Keith is already taking this tack with
> expression handling.
FWIW The failure test-case for this exists in gnats pr 2488. It's a real
simple illustration of the fail. So my approach so far pretty much
mirrors what I always do on projects:
- file the bug to track, with a failure test-case;
- discuss it, fix it, send patch to list;
- if approved, attach patch to gnats pr, check it in;
- add regressions test-case to test-suite.
(move it to GDB upstream)
On the regression test, Ian's test look great to me. (Assuming that
there is consensus reached that stopping on on local variable
destructors is the best option)