This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
Re: adding support for ptype to MI
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Rick Moseley <rmoseley at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Project Archer <archer at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 00:27:30 -0400
- Subject: Re: adding support for ptype to MI
- References: <48A49A5C.email@example.com>
On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 03:49:32PM -0500, Rick Moseley wrote:
> "I think my main problem with type printing in MI is that there is no way
> in MI today to get a description of a type returned as a "serialized
FWIW either a suggestion, or a patch (I don't remember which) for this
was posted long ago. My main concern was that it exposed internal
grotty bits of GDB's type system; I'd be happier with an approach that
did not reflect bits of the internals to the externals. But the idea
clearly has use.
I suspect... aha. It was Greg Watson in March 2006, gdb-patches.
Usual caution about looking at his patch, I don't recall whether he
had copyrighgt assignment.