Re: Syscall tracing

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 13:46 -0700, Doug Evans wrote:
> To complete the thought, I'd expect gdb folks to be writing the python
> (or c/c++) since it's code specific to gdb, but I also would expect
> that not much python needs to be written as most of the work would
> come from libstrace2 in an application independent form.

Come to think of it, assuming Roland's approach is used (and also
assuming I understood it correctly :-) ), it would need ptrace
machinery, a DWARF reader and a pretty printing facility.

GDB already has the the first two parts and the latter is hopefully just
around the corner. I fail to what would be left for libstrace2, or what
would be GDB's benefit in using it.
--
[]'s
Thiago Jung Bauermann