Re: gdb-6.7-bz233852-attach-signalled-fix.patch

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 21:42:43 +0200, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Jan> and also some of the patch adjustments I find more as nitpicks
> Jan> 	http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2008-06/msg00476.html
>
> Yeah, I hear you.  I personally assume that any documentation or help
> string change is going to require a second edit :-}... I do think
> using words well is important, I just don't always have the patience
> to do it myself :).

I was not addressing its language part, I understand it should be right, I am
sorry for that and going to ask the RH content author next time.

> Jan> with the existing deficiencies of no memory management (reference counting)
> Jan> 	http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2008-07/msg00097.html
>
> I've noticed the weirdnesses here too.  I wonder whether we'll want to
> fix this for the values work in pretty-printing.  We'll learn soon.

While `struct value' can have its custom reference counter I would expect more
to see globally used g_object_ref or C++ auto_ptr.

Thanks for the comments,
Jan