This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- Cc: archer at sourceware dot org, jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:45:12 -0600
- Subject: Re: gdb-6.7-bz233852-attach-signalled-fix.patch
- References: <20080725004123.15BD0154252@magilla.localdomain>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
Roland> I hope one of the first orders of business, before the fancy stuff,
Roland> will be to feed all the work in the Fedora gdb that's not upstream
Roland> through the group's review and reconcile all that work into a branch
Roland> in the Archer project and unify the tracks of pushing fixes upstream.
Which reminds me, too, I should look at getting bugzilla set up.
I think we can just have a new 'archer' product in the sourceware
bugzilla; gdb will be there soon too.
Roland> Once the usage of git gets on its feet, I think it will make
Roland> sense to have a "reviewed fixes ready for upstream" branch
Roland> that forks from upstream and is what all the Archer project
Roland> branches for bigger and experimental items fork from.
Roland> Fedora's gdb will use this branch, and use ad hoc rpm patches
Roland> only for building quick fixes pending review.
I have not really thought much about how exactly we should manage
branches. This plan sounds good to me.