This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Elena Zannoni <elena dot zannoni at oracle dot com>
- Cc: Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon at redhat dot com>, Frysk List <frysk at sourceware dot org>, Project Archer <archer at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 10:31:55 -0600
- Subject: Re: meeting
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com> <48879E2E.firstname.lastname@example.org><4889CF65.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
[ CCing archer list ]
Elena> 1. how come not just a simple branch of gdb? It would seem the
Elena> simplest alternative for doing merges?
CVS is a pain to work with.
Elena> 2. I think a wise idea would be to settle on a set of host/targets
Elena> combinations that should always work on
Elena> archer. Ie those should be tested before doing a check in.
Perhaps we can solve it after the fact by running auto-builders and
asking people to fix any regressions they inadvertently introduce.
Or maybe we could try to have some kind of multi-machine patch testing
I would like to avoid having a lot of individual overhead on each
patch; many patches will be architecture-neutral. So, automation at
some point in the process is important.