This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Archer project.
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- Cc: archer at sourceware dot org, jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 22:54:58 -0400
- Subject: Re: gdb-6.7-bz233852-attach-signalled-fix.patch
- References: <20080725004123.15BD0154252@magilla.localdomain>
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 05:41:23PM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> To wit, I came across something I wasn't expecting in GDB today
> and it turned out to be code in a Fedora patch that's not upstream.
> I'm using gdb-6.8-11.fc9.x86_64, and the code in question comes from
FYI, assuming the Fedora packages are actually based on 6.8 and not
HEAD, please compare this with the version currently in HEAD; I spent
a while working on the attach / stopped / signalled ptrace problem,
and the version that went in is a bit different from the one Fedora's
Reading through your message the strace on HEAD will look different,
and if I understand correctly it will not have the same problem. A
pre-stopped process will be PTRACE_CONT'd when we attach, but never
with a signal so the pending signal will not cause an exit.