using a .htm file as the final output

Hi all,
The final output page after the XSL transformations is
an .xml file with html markup. If I change it to a
.html file, then the transformations do not occur and
I cannot view the page. However when the page is a
.xml file then only IE can show the page, Netscape
however wants to save the file.

Is it a server configuration that would somehow dupe
the client browser to show the page regardless of its
extension or can I save the page with a .htm extension
and get it to work on Netscape somehow.

Thanks,
Vedu